Wednesday, March 23, 2011

response to third view

here is the response I wrote to the thirdview websites, in case any of you were highly interested...



After viewing the Third View and Klett & Wolfe websites in class, as well as on my own time, I have been greatly inspired to re-photograph myself. A few months ago I stumbled upon photographs taken by John Baldessari of National City in the mid 20th century. I personally recognized some of the places from living in the area for 8 years. I thought about going to find the places while I was home for spring break, but was occupied instead with working on my senior project. I am glad that these websites were shared in class because they have given me a better idea on how to go about photographing these places. I'm hoping to work on this sometime this summer while visiting my parents in Chula Vista (a neighboring city). I attempted to get the book that was published with the photographs from the Interloan Library program, but it was not successful. I suppose I will try and find a cheap copy online instead. The photograph's taken by Baldessari show city landscapes, I think that it will be interesting to see how the buildings in the areas photographed grew and changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment